Jeffy's Parents! is the 270th video in SML Movies.
We finally get to see who Jeffy's real parents are after Mario first met Jeffy at the apartment complex a year ago!
| WHAT ARE ALL THESE STICKY NOTES DOING HERE?
This section contains excessive information. You can help the wikia by cleaning up the unnecessary facts.
The episode starts off with Mario and Rosalina trying to get Jeffy to eat his green beans. Suddenly, The Breaking News report plays with Goodman stating that world-renowned Painter, Jacques Pierre François has died, and states that he reportedly shot himself in the head making a Painting called "The Suicide", and left his million dollar fortune to his only child whose identity is currently unknown, Rosalina states that the news is sad but Mario doesn't know who the painter is and while Rosalina is telling Mario about how he got famous for Stuffing paints up his nose and sneezing them on a Canvas Jeffy was dumping his Green beans behind the couch and then told Mario that he ate all of his green beans which prompts Mario to ask if the Green Beans are behind the couch which Jeffy replied "No", Mario Looks behind the couch and sees the green beans on the carpet catches scold Jeffy and told Jeffy to go into the corner right before he recieved a Phone Call from Goodman, Mario then told Jeffy to go into the corner again which Jeffy responds to "What the hell is a Corner?" Mario answered the call and Goodman Greeted Mario with "Uh Hi is this Mario? The Guy that chainsawed a couch in my Apartment Complex?" stating that a woman in the office just spoke with him and is looking for Jeffy. Upon hearing this, Mario instantly gets overjoyed. He and Rosalina get Jeffy ready to see his real Mom at the front door.
Jeffy's mom shows up at the door, and is revealed to be an alcoholic, a smoker, and a prostitute. She introduces herself as Nancy, and asks for alcohol, despite being pregnant. She then proceeds charge Mario a dollar to spit on him, even though Mario said no. Mario asks Nancy why Jeffy was dropped off with him, to which she responds that she just needed somebody to watch him while she was at the grocery store. But Jeffy spills the real story:
One year prior, Nancy drives Jeffy to the apartment complex, where she intends to abandon Jeffy at. Jeffy doesn't want to leave Nancy, but Nancy does, because she thinks Jeffy is ugly, stupid and a waste of her time. Jeffy asks what to do if he forgets his name, so Nancy writes it on his shirt (which pretty much explains that). Nancy then puts a note on Jeffy's shirt that says "Please Babysit....sorry", and lies to Jeffy by saying it says he's a good boy. Nancy drives off, leaving Jeffy at the apartment, so Jeffy looks for a door to knock on. He comes across Mario's apartment door, and we then see the scene from Mario The Babysitter! that shows Mario meeting Jeffy for the first time.
Back in the present, Nancy beats Jeffy for "lying". Mario tells Jeffy to leave with Nancy, but Jeffy and Rosalina are both reluctant. Nancy eventually forces Jeffy out. Rosalina is now furious at Mario for letting Nancy take Jeffy away, and when Mario says that he thinks it's good that Nancy beats Jeffy, Rosalina breaks up with him and leaves in anger. Meanwhile, Jeffy still does not want to go with Nancy. Nancy then tells Jeffy that his father was a famous painter who passed away that day, and that he left millions of dollars to Jeffy, so when Jeffy turns 18, all the money would be Nancy's.
Meanwhile, Mario begins to miss Jeffy, even playing his cat piano. Jeffy tells Nancy that he is hungry, to which Nancy says that he must wait a week until the check comes in before he can eat again. Jeffy then escapes out the car window and runs back to Mario's house. He begs Mario to let him stay, but Mario still refuses at first, but decides to let him in until Nancy returns to pick him up.
A few minutes later, Nancy arrives and lies to Mario that she was getting Jeffy a Happy Meal at McDonald's and he ran away. Mario then makes a call and tells Nancy and Jeffy to sit down. Nancy starts beating Jeffy senselessly, only for Does Bad Things Guy (as a cop) to arrive and arrest Nancy for prostitution, child abuse and some other things.
Mario considers sending Jeffy into foster care, but feels bad for him and reluctantly decides to adopt Jeffy. Does Bad Things Guy then gives Mario a ripped piece of paper he found in Nancy's purse. Mario realizes he has the other piece to it. The note was from Jaques Pierre François and Mario and Does Bad Things Guy find out he was his father. Mario thinks Jeffy could live with Jaques but Does Bad Things Guy tells reminds him of his death and how he left all his money to Jeffy but he doesn't actually get it until he's 18. He then tells Mario if he's a good parent he could some of the money in 6 more years. Mario now fully accepts to be Jeffy's adoptive father.
Later, Mario, Rosalina and Jeffy are all sitting together on the couch, with Jeffy playing his cat piano. Rosalina asks Mario why he isn't annoyed, to which Mario responds: "Not today. Not right now. This one's for me."
- Nancy Jeffy (debut)
- Jacques Pierre François (mentioned and photo only)
- Does Bad Things Guy
- Melvin (cameo)
Logan announced Jeffy's Parents! and The Quiet Game! as the first videos of 2017. Logan said Jeffy's Parents! would be released on the 24th of January 2017 in the description below. But instead, it was released on the day before, which was the 23rd of January, being one day before being a full year since Mario The Babysitter! was uploaded. This was likely due to the thunderstorms and tornadoes presently going on around Cantonment, Florida, which was also the reason for the delay of The Quiet Game!
Jeffy's Parents! received universal critical acclaim, with some people saying it was the greatest video Logan made. Fans have said that this video was extremely sad and emotional, to the point of crying. A lot of fans have also panned Jeffy's mom Nancy, and said they prefer that Jeffy would stay with Mario and Rosalina, which happens at the end. Many fans didn't like Jeffy being abused by his mother of all people, and even those who hated him thought it was a bit too far. Some Jeffy haters changed their opinion on him, from hating him to thinking of him as 50/50. They were happy that Mario saw the error of his ways and Jeffy's mom got arrested.
MAFDOMiNUS was the first to give a full review. He praised the fact that Jeffy has more character development and even cried. He praises the beginning scene and Loved the ending. However, due still not forgiving him in Jeffy's Bad Word, he does not 100% like Jeffy now. However he tolerates jeffy now (his way of saying he sort of likes Jeffy like 70% likes him). He gave the video Five Stars and the Jurassic Park seal of approval, and a good speech and the end of his video.
GamecubeDude300 now fully understands Jeffy's behavioral act. He also thought that Jeffy would stop being a jerk towards Mario because of this.
Dabhdude gave this an S ranking.
- This is the fifth emotional SML video. Preceded by Baby Shrek, Black Yoshi and The Birds Episode 7, Bowser Junior Goes To Military School! Part 2, and Chef Pee Pee's Kids. 6th is The Magical Button!
- This is the first SML video of 2017 to receive universal acclaim.
- There were more references to previous SML videos in this episode than any other before. A total of ten videos were referenced.
- This episode marks the final appearance of Melvin, due to Logan giving him away after he ate a hole in the wall.
- Jeffy's dad is revealed to be Jacques Pierre François, who previously appeared in Bowser Junior's Painting!
- It is revealed Jeffy is 12 years old, and that he has French heritage.
- This video has revealed 2 reasons why Jeffy is dumb:
- His mom acted insanely weird and was an alcoholic prostitute.
- It is revealed in the beginning of the video that Jeffy's mom drinks while pregnant, hinting that she was drinking alcohol while she was pregnant with Jeffy and she messed him up.
- Along with those reasons, Jeffy could be just plain-out dumb.
- However, he is sane enough to apologize to Mario and admit what he has done, so he was half and half.
- This episode shows how Jeffy ended up at Mario's door in Mario The Babysitter!.
- This was the second video on SuperMarioLogan that was hyped up for, the first being Bowser Junior Goes To Military School! Part 1.
- Jeffy will officially get the money from his father on Sunday, August 21, 2022, the day he turns 18.
- Goodman is still mad at Mario about the couch incident three months ago, even though it was Wendy O. Koopa who cut the couch in half.
- Feebee was never mentioned, likely indicating that Feebee's episode was just a dream.
- This video had different angles than other SML videos, such as the argument and brief breakup between Mario and Rosalina.
- This shows Jeffy's sane side once again remembering what happened when he was dropped off at Mario's door, knowing to how sneak out of the car and go to Mario's house, and knowing that what would happen if he either went with his mom or a foster care, even knowing how to plead Mario to adopt him. He even apologized to Mario and admitted his mistakes and didn't play the cat piano.
- The likely reason why Jeffy wears a helmet is to protect him of being beat on the head by his mother. It's unknown if his father or Jeffy himself put the helmet on, or he wants to be like his father who wears a beret.
- This is the most liked video in SML History, with over 128,000 Likes.
- Since Jeffy mom used to beat him up, that may explain why he was traumatized when Mario spanked him in Jeffy's Bad Word!
- This is the longest video of 2017. However it got beaten by Joseph Moves In!
- This is the second time Mario plays the Cat Piano. First time is Jeffy's Homework!
- It's unknown why didn't Jeffy cuss out his mom since he always does that to everyone else.
- When Jeffy said "Aw, not again." when Mario told him that his real mom was going to get him, it's unknown why didn't Mario and Rosalina hear him say that or ask him why did he said that.
- Jeffy thought Mario ate his cat piano, but in Jeffy's Birthday!, Rosalina gave him a new one.
- Jeffy's old mom says her car was stolen, but she was driving this same car when she dropped Jeffy off in 2016. Either she has kept it for that long or it's an overseen error.
- At one point, Nancy, Jeffy's old mother, said "Mommy likes his smokes".
- Possible error: In Bowser Junior's Game Night 3, Jeffy says that Ned looks like his dad. However, Jacques Pierre François doesn't even look like Ned. It is possible that Logan forgot about this.